Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: sexual assault
The number of reported sexual assaults declined at the Air Force Academy and West Point, and increased slightly at the U.S. Naval Academy. But DoD officials can't determine whether that reflects an increase or decrease of actual crimes.
On this week's edition of Agency of the Month, Navy Rear Admiral Sean Buck, director of the 21st Century Sailor Office, joins host Sean McCalley to discuss the prevention of sexual assaults and suicides within the Defense Department.
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel orders seven reforms based on existing "best practices" inside and outside of DoD. Critics call the announcement a missed opportunity for more sweeping changes in the fight against military sexual assault.
The Military Justice Improvement Act would shift the decision to prosecute sexual assault cases from the chain of command to independent military lawyers. A recently released DoD IG report also recommends changes in the investigation process.
Tags: DoD , Kristen Gillibrand , Rand Paul , Ted Cruz , Carl Levin , Mazie Hirono , inspector general , Military Justice Improvement Act , Senate Armed Services Committee , management , Cogan Schneier