Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: service contracting
The Professional Services Council details likes and dislikes of procurement language in the 2012 DoD Authorization bill.
OMB will tell agencies to focus on management support service contracts and reduce spending by $6 billion. OMB said contracting for management support services grew at a faster rate than other types of contracting. The initiative is part of the administration's Campaign to Cut Waste.
Tags: contracting , Jeff Zients , Dan Gordon , OFPP , OMB , management support services , Campaign to Cut Waste , Jason Miller , Richard Ginman , Commerce , Trey Hodgkins , Stan Soloway , TechAmerica , Professional Services Council , DoD
GAO found many agencies will fall short of the June 30 deadline to determine if they are using service contractors appropriately.
A Defense Science Board panel found DoD's procedures and its senior leaders don't give service contracts the attention they deserve. Service contracts make up more than 50 percent of the Defense Department's acquisition budget.
The Pentagon's acquisition chief said Wednesday that Defense leaders would "undoubtedly" cut more major weapons systems, possibly as soon as next year. But undersecretary of Defense Ashton Carter said there were more savings to be found in other areas of the Defense Department budget. Major weapons procurement makes up only one seventh of DoD's spending.
Proper implementation of Chief Management Officer is key to improvements
Tags: management , contracting , Gene Dodaro , Katherine Schinasi , Rep. John McHugh , Rep. Hank Johnson , Rep. Vic Snyder , DoD , House Armed Services Committee , GAO , Chief management officer , High Risk list