Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: series
Security is a huge issue with the Smart Grid, but the threat doesn't come just from hackers, other nations, or even mother nature. Turns out, the Smart Grid relies very heavily on the GPS satellite system.
The Smart Grid is called that for many reasons. One reason: it will allow two-way communication between the consumer and the utility. That two way communication is just way too tempting for hackers, thieves and other criminals.
Alternative forms of energy are being used all over the country. But storing that energy and moving it to where it is needed is more problematic. The Smart Grid looks to solve these issues.
Tags: Smart Grid, Smart Future
Power outages because of storms, surges, or overloaded circuits are becoming regular problems throughout the United States. Scientists say the Smart Grid should change that.
The Smart Grid will be a complete overhaul of the electricity infrastructure as it currently operates. It will allow consumers to manage their energy use, store energy, and sell energy back to the grid.
Find out more about how you can not only save energy, but maybe even make a little money selling your power back to the utility using the Smart Grid.