Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: series
Speeding up the federal hiring process is something that must be done, and it's easy! Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says all you need to do is hire people much, much faster, then punish bureaucrats if the hires turn out to be bad, or dangerous.
Tax agency officials are not overly worried about potential retirement of large number of workers. IRS sees internship programs as one way to attract entry level workers. Students receive high impact assignments from senior agency officials to ensure they gain the experience and understanding of what the agency does.
In today's look at the "5 Fallacies of Government?", FederalNewsRadio turns the focus on the "retirement wave" of the future.
These feds have keyboards and they're not afraid to use them!
FederalNewsRadio finds 77 percent of respondents say they work more than eight hours in a day. Two-thirds of the federal employees who responded also say they work more than 80 hours in two weeks. Feds say the perception they don't work hard is unfair and rarely accurate.
The Smart Grid promises to transform the way we use and manage electricity.
You should be able to save power, save money, generate and store power for your own home, even sell power back to the utility... but when?
Scientists working on the Smart Grid say the promises are not only attainable, they're already underway.
80 percent of the electric grid is owned and operated by the private sector, but it's up to the federal government to get everyone updated, secure, and on the same page to make the Smart Grid a reality.