Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: sequestration
Federal courts are using money from filing fees and long-term appropriations to stay open during the shutdown, but that money is about to run out. Jim Silkenat, American Bar Association president, says Congress needs to pass a budget that addresses the costs of the shutdown and sequestration.
Jamie Morin, the outgoing comptroller and President Barack Obama's nominee to be DoD's second director of Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation office, told lawmakers Thursday that the Air Force would struggle to meet the 2014 financial management deadline. Jo Ann Rooney, the nominee to be undersecretary of the Navy, said furloughs from sequestration and the government shutdown have delayed progress on several programs.
Tags: management , Congress , DoD , Jo Ann Rooney , Jamie Morin , Michael Lumpkin , financial management , audit readiness , Carl Levin , John McCain , Senate Armed Services Committee , acquisition , government shutdown , Jason Miller , Air Force , Navy
Monica Mayk Parham, marketing director for Market Communications and Joyce Bosc, president and owner of Boscobel Marketing Communications, will discuss how budget constraints and travel restrictions are affecting attendence at government events.
October 7, 2013
Stan Soloway and Robin Lineberger from the Professional Services Council, join host Debra Roth to discuss how sequestration and other issues are affecting contractors.
October 4, 2013
Army and Marine Corps officials are citing cutbacks to the workforce at government-operated facilities that repair military equipment as the reason for less equipment getting back in the hands of warfighters.
The Air Force says budget uncertainty will mean a lot of delayed contracting decisions in the first portion of 2014. Meanwhile, the service is hurriedly trying to spend every last dollar in its 2013 procurement accounts.
On this week's edition of Bgov's Capital Impact show, host Allen Scott looks at the Air Force's budget problems and the effect of sequestration on weapons systems.
OMB Director Sylvia Burwell received a letter from Sen. Tom Coburn earlier this month asking for the facts and figures on how agencies are spending acquisition funds in the fourth quarter.
Anthony Vergnetti hosts a roundtable discussion of the issues affecting federal law enforcement officers.
September 20, 2013
A new survey of the inspector general community says tighter budgets are making it difficult for IGs to do their jobs effectively. Sequestration hasn't help matters either.