Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: sequestration
Jon Etherton, president of Etherton and Associates Inc., will talk about the congressional process and how its affecting acquisition.
October 9, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , procurement , Jon Etherton , Etherton and Associates , Congress , defense authorization , acquisition policy , lame duck session , Senate Armed Services Committee , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf
Trey Hodgkins, senior vice president for Global Public Sector at TechAmerica, will discuss how sequestration and other issues will affect contracting and acquisition.
October 8, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , Trey Hodgkins , Tech America , 2012 Vision Conference , IT manufacturing , continuing resolution , debt limit , procurement , FITARA , shared risk , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts will talk about what's next for sequestration, options for repairing the Harrier jet, technology that Israel could use to respond to the Iranian nuclear threat, and why certain medications may be in short supply.
October 4, 2012
Tags: acquisition , continuing resolution , F-35 , Harrier AV-8B , Marine Corps , Afghanistan , Iran , nuclear weapons , atom bomb , Medicare , Grey Market , Allen Scott , Rob Levinson , Kevin Brancato , Christine Ryan , Michael Oren , Brian Rye , Bloomberg Government , Capital Impact
Federal News Radio Executive Editor Jason Miller
and Federal Times Senior Writers Stephen Losey and
Sean Reilly join host Mike Causey to talk about
phased retirements, sequestration and more.
October 3, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , leave bank , Retirements , phased retirements , feds-feed-feds program , Stephen Losey , Sean Reilly , Federal Times , Department of Veterans Affairs , USPS , Your Turn , Mike Causey
Senior Correspondent Mike Causey joins Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan to discuss what Congress may do in the next few months that will affect the pocketbooks of federal employees and retirees.
Host Mike Causey will discuss the potential impact of sequestration with Janet Kopenhaver from Federally Employed Women, and Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly from the Federal Times.
September 26, 2012
As the make-or-break sequestration deadline draws closer, top federal officials are increasingly using (or at least thinking) the F-word, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Six senators sent a letter to their Senate leaders asking for a bipartisan effort to end the threat of automatic, across-the-board budget cuts due to take effect in January.
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact, analysts discuss OMB's sequestration report and how highway funding is affected. Plus, how much money are Super-Pacs spending on this year's presidential election.
September 20, 2012
Tags: acquisition , OMB , budget cuts , budget battle , Allen Scott , Kevin Brancato , Matthew Hummer , highway spending , Melissa Avstreih , Super Pacs , 2012 election , Peter Brusoe , Bloomberg Government , Capital Impact
NARFE Director of Benefit Services David Snell and Steve Watkins and Sean Reilly of the Federal Times will talk about issues that could affect your retirement.
September 19, 2012