Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: sequestration
Thanks to top government officials, we now have the definitive answer as to whether the government will have a series of furloughs and if so how they will work. The answer is either yes or no. There seems to be a little confusion at the top, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Robert Litan discusses a Bloomberg Government study about rule-making in the Obama administration. Michael Tinsley, CEO of NeoSystems Corp., offers insight on how furloughs might affect federal contractors. Procurement attorney Joe Petrillo weighs in on a a 2012 Supreme Court case that could come back to bite federal agencies facing budget cuts under sequestration. Gregory Wilshusen discusses a new GAO report on how prepared agencies are to fend of online assaults. John Palguta of the Partnership for Public Service talks about sequestration and the threat of furloughs.
Tags: Robert Litan , Bloomberg Government , rule-making , Michael Tinsley , NeoSystems Corp. , contracting , industry , furloughs , Joe Petrillo , Petrillo and Powell , budget , Gregory Wilshusen , GAO , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , John Palguta , Partnership for Pubic Service , DoD , DoD Report , Federal Drive
Michael Tinsley, CEO of NeoSystems Corp., tells The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp, there's little contractors can do to influence agencies facing impending sequestration beyond maintaining good communications and weathering the storm.
President Barack Obama is asking Congress for a short-term deficit reduction package of spending cuts and tax revenue that will delay the effective date of steeper automatic cuts now scheduled to kick in on March 1. Obama said the looming cuts would be economically damaging and must be avoided.
Are you sick of hearing the F-word coming out of Washington? Would you offer yourself up as buyout bait? If the answer to either is yes, check out Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's Federal Report for the latest forecast.
On this week's show, Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu talks about the impending cuts with two members of Congress, Rep. Rob Wittman (R-Va.), the chairman of the House Armed Services subcommittee on readiness, and Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.), whose suburban Washington district includes a high concentration of DoD civilian employees.
Federal Managers Association President Pat Niehaus and Federal Times reporters Steve Losey and Sean Reilly join host Mike Causey to talk about sequestration and other issues affecting feds.
January 30, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , government shutdown , furloughs , federal managers , Federal Managers Association , Pat Niehaus , Federal Times , Stephen Losey , Sean Reilly , Roth TSP , Mike Causey , Your Turn