Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: sequestration
Career expert and author John Grobe, Federal News Radio's Julia Ziegler, and Federal Times senior writer Stephen Losey will discuss sequestration and other issues affecting federal workers.
February 27, 2013
Tags: transition plan , John Grobe , Federal Career Experts , pay and benefits , Julia Ziegler , Federal Times , budget battle , Stephen Losey , continuing resolution , CR deadline , furloughs , air traffic controllers , FEMA , Mike Causey , Your Turn
Remember when you got out of school and had to pick a career? Mother wanted you to play piano in a house of ill repute but you rebelled and became a federal civil servant. So in retrospect who was right: you or Mom? Check out Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column for more.
Beth Farrell and Jim Schweiter from McKenna Long and Aldridge LLP discuss how agencies and contractors will be affected by procurement.
February 26, 2013
On a special edition of the Federal News Countdown, Jeff Neal, senior vice president at ICF International and the former chief human capital officer at the Homeland Security Department, discusses the potential effects of sequestration on government operations.
Federal workers are sounding off about how sequestration, the across-the-board budget cuts slated to kick in Friday, will impact their jobs and their families. The Federal Workers Alliance, a conglomeration of 20 federal-employee unions, has launched a message board to allow feds to share their concerns and to put a human face on the cuts.