Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: sequestration
While at this relatively early stage of the budget cutting process it's difficult to quantify exactly what the effects have been or will be, on this week's show we'll hear some preliminary takes from two people the defense industry very closely: Elana Broitman, principal deputy assistant secretary of Defense for manufacturing and industrial base policy, and Marion Blakey, the CEO of the Aerospace Industries Association.
A record number of employees are turning to FEEA to help them meet basic living expenses after receiving short paychecks due to furloughs.
Sequestration threatens to squeeze some companies out of the industry. Federal News Radio's special report, Private Side of Sequestration, examines the long-term planning and short-term coping mechanisms companies can take to better manage through the cuts.
Bill Gormley, president of the Gormley Group and Cameron Leuthy, senior budget analyst at Bloomberg Government, will discuss sequestration and its impact on the government and contracting.
July 30, 2013
Tags: acquisition , contracting , procurement , government market , Bill Gormley , The Gormley Group , Cameron Leuthy , Bloomberg Government , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement , Off the Shelf , budget 2014 , budget cuts
The Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund is receiving more requests for loans than ever before as weekly furloughs hit the Defense Department. Director Steve Bauer said the non-profit organization is doing everything it can to keep up.
July 24 & 30, 2013
With fewer new federal contracts on the horizon, vendors are trimming staff, changing direction and hedging their bets as sequestration plays out, according to the results of an exclusive Federal News Radio survey. Contractors are also blaming sequestration for low morale in their offices.
Tags: Private Side of Sequestration , Evan Lesser , Stephen Fuller , Ward Carroll , Cameron Leuthy , Bob Lohfeld , Mary Beth Romani , Chris Romani , workforce , hiring , furloughs , Budget Control Act , budget , Michael OConnell , management
Deltek's Kevin Plexico and Scott Lewis of PS Partnerships, will talk about the challenges facing contractors in this tough budget environment.
July 29, 2013
Tags: acquisition , contracting , DoD , budget battle , Subcontracting , government contracting , Kevin Plexico , Deltek , Scott Lewis , PS Partnerships , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center , continuing resolution
Calling all government contractors. Federal News Radio wants to know if sequestration is impacting you. Take our anonymous survey today.