Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: sequestration
Sequestration threatens to squeeze some companies out of the industry. Federal News Radio's special report, Private Side of Sequestration, examines the long-term planning and short-term coping mechanisms companies can take to better manage through the cuts.
Bill Gormley, president of the Gormley Group and Cameron Leuthy, senior budget analyst at Bloomberg Government, will discuss sequestration and its impact on the government and contracting.
July 30, 2013
Tags: acquisition , contracting , procurement , government market , Bill Gormley , The Gormley Group , Cameron Leuthy , Bloomberg Government , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement , Off the Shelf , budget 2014 , budget cuts
The Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund is receiving more requests for loans than ever before as weekly furloughs hit the Defense Department. Director Steve Bauer said the non-profit organization is doing everything it can to keep up.
July 24 & 30, 2013
With fewer new federal contracts on the horizon, vendors are trimming staff, changing direction and hedging their bets as sequestration plays out, according to the results of an exclusive Federal News Radio survey. Contractors are also blaming sequestration for low morale in their offices.
Tags: Private Side of Sequestration , Evan Lesser , Stephen Fuller , Ward Carroll , Cameron Leuthy , Bob Lohfeld , Mary Beth Romani , Chris Romani , workforce , hiring , furloughs , Budget Control Act , budget , Michael OConnell , management
Deltek's Kevin Plexico and Scott Lewis of PS Partnerships, will talk about the challenges facing contractors in this tough budget environment.
July 29, 2013
Tags: acquisition , contracting , DoD , budget battle , Subcontracting , government contracting , Kevin Plexico , Deltek , Scott Lewis , PS Partnerships , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center , continuing resolution
Calling all government contractors. Federal News Radio wants to know if sequestration is impacting you. Take our anonymous survey today.
Many of the sequestration-imposed dollar cuts have been aimed at federal workers. But that's changing. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says there are signs that government contractors and businesses that depend on the federal salary dollar are starting to feel the squeeze too. And not in places you would readily suspect.
After two weeks of deliberation and analysis of agency resources, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has decided to cancel its second phase of furloughs.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts will discuss what's ahead for Congress, the implementation of Dodd-Frank, and possible changes to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
July 25, 2013
Tags: acquisition , Congress , continuing resolution , Affordable Care Act , debt ceiling , Dodd-Frank , Fannie Mae , Freddie Mac , budget battle , housing , Allen Scott , Loren Duggan , Cady North , Nela Richardson , Capital Impact , Bloomberg Government