Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: sequestration
Matthew Roberson, of SC&H Group joins host Mark Amtower to discuss the state of the mergers and acquisitions market.
August 12, 2013
Todd Harrison, senior fellow for Defense Budget Studies at the Center for Strategic and Budetary Assessments, will discuss how the defense industry is being impacted by sequestration. He will also give us an update on the U.S. military satellite communications system.
August 9, 2013
Debra Roth hosts a press roundtable on the big issues affecting federal workers.
August 9, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , workforce , acquisition , furloughs , Congress , federal benefits , Debra Roth , Sean Reilly , Federal Times , Kellie Lunney , GovExec , Josh Hicks , Washington Post , Fed Talk
Pentagon Comptroller Robert Hale told In Depth with Francis Rose Friday the Defense Department will not be cutting any more furlough days for Fiscal 2013. Now, DoD is waiting for Congress to finish marking up the president's budget request. If it fails to do that before Oct. 1, Hale said his agency may be forced to trim $52 billion from next year's budget to offset automatic cuts from the Budget Control Act.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts will discuss how sequestration is affecting the budget for depot maintenance, and what would happen to the economy if Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were eliminated.
August 8, 2013
IRS Acting Commissioner Danny Werfel announced to staff Wednesday the agency was postponing the agencywide furlough day scheduled for Aug. 30.
Federal employee Chris Dickson turned to music to cope with the stress of sequestration, penning the song "Furlough You."
Furloughs for civilian Defense Department employees officially kicked off this week. That has many employees singing the blues -- literally.
Furlough days for Defense Department civilians are being cut from 11 to 6, the Pentagon announced Tuesday. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said the department found sufficient savings in the final months of the current fiscal year to lessen the burden on those who have had to take a day off a week without pay since early July.
Ray Bjorklund of Birch Grove Consulting, will discuss sequestration and what it means for contractors.
August 6, 2013