Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: sequestration
The Office of Management and Budget originally planned for 10 furlough days. Employees were already required to take seven unpaid days off and one more is planned before Sept. 30.
A New York family is getting help from the Federal Employee Education and Assistance fund as they dig out from Hurricane Sandy and endure a double dose of furloughs.
Womenable CEO Julie Weeks joins host Mark Amtower to talk about her research on small business contractors and what they can do to earn more government business.
August 19, 2013
Two furloughed feds share how they turned the negative of an unpaid day off into a positive. One performed service projects for the community where he lives. The other launched a website to keep feds informed about sequestration and furloughs.
Tired of being a political punching bag? Sick of being the representative poster child for the overpaid, underworked, fireproof bloated bureaucracy? If so, should you fight back? And exactly how would that work, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey wants to know.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts will discuss the environmental impact of airlines emissions, and how the so-called "border surge" amendment will boost border security spending.
August 15, 2013
Tags: acquisition , airlines , emissions , Environment Issues , air travel , border security , immigration reform , contracting , Allen Scott , Matthew Hummer , Megan McArdle , Bloomberg View , Bloomberg Government , Capital Impact
Senior Executives Association president Carol Bonosaro will discuss a new survey where government execs were asked their opinions on a wide variey of issues.
August 14, 2013
What do you get when you put a group of Senior Executive Service members in a room together? A lot of straight talk about managing the short-term and long-term challenges of sequestration. Carol Bonosaro, president of the Senior Executives Association, says the federal managers that participated in the recent discussion came up with real conclusions that "need to be said and heard."
Due to the flood of appeals coming into its offices, the Merit Systems Protection Board has delayed processing and adjudicating furlough appeals from civilian Defense Department employees. The board will continue to process appeals from non-DoD employees.
The Office of Personnel Management now estimates it will not be able to clear a longstanding backlog of retirement claims until next summer. OPM Associate Director for Retirement Services Ken Zawodny told Federal News Radio the suspension of overtime in late April has left the agency essentially treading water when it comes to processing retirement applications.