Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: sequestration
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts will discuss how sequestration is affecting the budget for depot maintenance, and what would happen to the economy if Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were eliminated.
August 8, 2013
IRS Acting Commissioner Danny Werfel announced to staff Wednesday the agency was postponing the agencywide furlough day scheduled for Aug. 30.
Federal employee Chris Dickson turned to music to cope with the stress of sequestration, penning the song "Furlough You."
Furloughs for civilian Defense Department employees officially kicked off this week. That has many employees singing the blues -- literally.
Furlough days for Defense Department civilians are being cut from 11 to 6, the Pentagon announced Tuesday. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said the department found sufficient savings in the final months of the current fiscal year to lessen the burden on those who have had to take a day off a week without pay since early July.
Ray Bjorklund of Birch Grove Consulting, will discuss sequestration and what it means for contractors.
August 6, 2013
It's not only government employees who are suffering from sequestration, but contractors, big and small, are feeling the hit as well. Contractors may have to trim their staffs if they lose out on a government contract.
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Or is it a sequestration-driven furlough tsunami that threatens to bury one very small, but important, federal agency that is seeing its 30-year workload record being shattered almost daily, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
As the first elements of sequestration's impact on the Defense industrial base begin to take shape, observers inside and outside the Pentagon worry about small businesses.
Tags: Private Side of Sequestration , DoD , industry , contracting , Congress , small business , Aerospace Industries Association , Beacon Interactive Systems , Klett Consulting , Marion Blakey , ML Mackey , Mark Klett , Elana Broitman , Jared Serbu
The Navy entered 2010 with what officials say was a fleet that was well below acceptable standards for material readiness. It's made gains in its maintenance procedures since then, which the service says sequestration will quickly undo.