Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: senate homeland security and governmental affairs
During a Senate hearing, OPM pledges to do a better job in the future of explaining that increases are very much possible. Enrollees have until Dec. 14 to make a decision about changing plans, but lawmakers, employee unions and others call for OPM to extend the deadline. John Hancock official says on average premiums will increase only $29.
Tags: P&B , Daniel Green , Susan Collins , Herb Kohl , OPM , Senate Special Committee on Aging , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , John Hancock , NTEU , Marianne Harrison , Colleen Kelley , Chester Joy , LTC , long term care insurance
Deputy director for management Jeffrey Zients hires Shelley Metzenbaum to help lead the performance management effort. OMB to lean on the Performance Improvement Council to develop and advocate for new approach.
Tags: management , Jeffrey Zients , Bernice Steinhardt , Sen. Tom Carper , Shelley Metzenbaum , OMB , GAO , CMS , FEMA , Interior , NASA , NRC , VA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , EPA , Performance Improvement Council , GPRA , PART , performance management
Senator tells FederalNewsRadio the creation of White House "czars" is creating problems "in terms of oversight, accountability, transparency and vetting."
Work continues at the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board on the next version of the Recovery.gov website. The head of that board gives a Senate oversight committee a progress report on other efforts to track all that stimulus spending.
Tags: acquisition , acquisition workforce , Jeffrey Zients , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Nancy Kichak , David Drabkin , Office of Management and Budget , Office of Personnel Management , General Services Administration
As the days tick down to Congress' August recess, one Senate committee deals with a long list of Administration nominations, and pending legislation. Among the laws now heading for the Senate floor: a bill to toughen security for drivers licenses, and protection for Federal whistleblowers.
Wednesday morning was busy.
Transparency gives additional clout to make technology projects perform. Tool replaces OMB watch lists and makes information more interactive.
Tags: mngt , technology , Vivek Kundra , Dave Wennergren , Tom Coburn , Susan Collins , Joseph Lieberman , OMB , DoD , CIO Council , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Ed Meagher , Dan Mintz , CSC , SRA , IT Dashboard , accountability , FFATA , transparency