Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: senate homeland security and governmental affairs
Sens. Lieberman and Collins want more information on how many contractors DHS has and what type of work they are doing. Agency has asked its components to reevaluate their human capital plans to ensure they have the right mix.
Tags: P&B , contracting , Janet Napolitano , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Richard Spires , Elaine Duke , Clair McCaskill , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , federal workforce , contractor workforce
Sens. Lieberman and Collins ask for specific actions seven large agencies are taking to transition to the new telecommunications contract. This is the second letter about the GSA contract since December.
Testimony obtained by FederalNewsRadio says IT security measurements focus too much on compliance and not on risk. GAO surveyed 24 agencies and found few have moved beyond just fulfilling FISMA requirements.
Tags: technology , Greg Wilshusen , Vivek Kundra , John Streufert , GAO , OMB , State Department , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , NIST , Tom Davis , Deloitte , cybersecurity , FISMA , risk management
States without an extension still must comply with law by Jan. 1. Congress wants to change REAL ID law, but bill has not moved out of committees.
Interagency team to take 60 days to look at four areas
Sen. Carl Levin will introduce a bill requiring defense contracts to be reexamined if its cost increase more than 25 percent over its initial estimate.
Tags: contracting , Carl Levin , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , John McCain , Janet Napolitano , DoD , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , White House , White House Summit , acquisition workforce
GSA will award a contract to create a new enterprise architecture by the end of October. The agency's goal is to consolidate eight disparate systems to make it easier to access procurement data. The current systems are not interoperable and plagued with long-standing problems.
Tags: contracting , Vivek Kundra , Sen. Claire McCaskill , Sen. Robert Bennett , William Woods , OMB , OFPP , GAO , GSA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , FPDS , AOCS , PPIRS , Excluded Parties List System
He outlines several priorities if confirmed, including further reducing improper payments and reducing the federal real property inventory. Werfel says DoD must better understand why a qualified audit helps them meet their mission.
Tags: management , Danny Werfel , Sen. Tom Carper , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , VA , DoD , NASA , DHS , financial management , improper payments , Consolidated financial audits , real property
The chairman of the Senate committee with jurisdiction over the U.S. Census Bureau says he's trying to find out which of his colleagues placed a hold on the nomination of Robert Groves.