Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: security
Cita Furlani of NIST talks with host John Gilroy about why IPv6 is needed.
Jan. 5, 2010
Services react with relief and expectation for what new organization can do for the military. Alexander says securing DoD networks is foremost focus.
Tags: technology , Keith Alexander , Greg Schumacher , David Senty , Sean Filipowski , Ray Letteer , DoD , NSA , Air Force , Army , Navy , Marines Corps , DHS , AFCEA , cybersecurity , Cyber Command , workforce
With the new Obama administration, HSPD-12 will gain greater importance as the government prepares for next phase.
Security is getting tighter, yet lines are getting shorter. It's all about new procedures and technology.
The inspector general of the National Archives and Records Administration is looking into the possible breach. A hard drive was sent back to its vendor for repair and recycling, but wasn't wiped first. The hard drive helped power eVetRecs.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says the U.S. government has not done everything it can to educate and engage the public in preventing terrorism. Napolitano spoke Wednesday at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York before heading to ground zero. She said the public has been treated as a "liability to be protected," instead of an asset in maintaining the nation's security. Americans, she says, have a role along with local law enforcement, the federal government and the international community.