Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: security
National Security cyberattack concerns are high, Report: China-based hackers stole India secrets
A new report finds the continued lack of information sharing between federal, state, and local agencies puts the US at risk of terrorist attack and emerging national security threats. We get details from former Senator Slade Gorton (R-WA.) who co-authored the testimony.
The 2010 Olympic Security Coordination Center will organize and direct the security efforts of over 40 federal, state and local agencies. Developed over the last four years by the 2010 Olympics Security Committee, which includes U.S. federal, state, local and Canadian security, intelligence, emergency management, defense, and public health agencies, this center was recommended by a Department of Homeland Security study in 2007. The Vancouver Olympic venues are located in close proximity to the border and adjacent to major U.S. shipping ports and other critical infrastructure.
Achieving effective cyber deterrence by denial, or defense in-depth, will require nothing short of a total paradigm shift from both government and the private sector.
Is al Qaida eyeing U.S. cyber weaknesses?
Cybersecurity bill to give president new emergency powers