Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: secure identity management
The agency will hold a workshop July 25 to review the second draft of FIPS 201-2.
GSA certified that GPO complies with the Federal Information Processing Standard 201, which sets requirements to ensure that identification cards are secure and resistant to fraud. GSA's David Temoshok explains the process for us.
Every federal employee is supposed to have a Secure ID card under HSPD-12, a Bush-era presidential directive. If an agency wants those cards made by another federal agency, there's only one choice: the GPO. GPO's Steve LeBlanc explains why.
Printing Office gets a spot on the Approved Products List to offer graphical personalization services. GPO first mulled providing these services in 2006.
White House cyber coordinator says using secure identity cards and working more closely with industry among his top short term priorities. He says a new strategy to secure online transactions also is on track for the President's signature this fall. And he's closely watching Capitol Hill as Senate lawmakers may be close to completing draft of consolidated cyber bill.
Tags: technology , Howard Schmidt , Harry Reid , White House , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , cybersecurity , HSPD-12 , National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cybers , Jason Miller