Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: schedule contracts
Jonathan Aronie, partner at Sheppard Mullin joinst host Roger Waldron, for a wide ranging discussion of the GSA schedules program.
March 26, 2013
The agency is extending the FTS2001 bridge contract with four vendors for at least another six months. Most of the largest agencies have not fully transitioned to the telecommunications. GSA is readying several other contracts including for HSPD-12 services and strategic sourcing for wireless services.
Tags: contracting , industry , technology , Karl Krumbholz , Mike O'Neill , Patricia Waddell , Larry Hale , GSA , Sprint , Qwest , AT&T , Verizon , AFFIRM , Networx , telecommunications , FTS-2001 , BetterBuy Wiki , SmartBUY , HSPD-12 , Networks 2020 , Connections , Jason Miller
GSA signs agreement with the Federal Acquisition Institute and the Defense Acquisition University to improve and standardize training for contracting officers and contracting specialists. The agency also signs an agreement to improve small business access to the schedules.
Tags: contracting , Houston Taylor , Ed O'Hare , GSA , Federal Acquisition Service , Federal Acquisition Institute , Defense Acquisition University , Coalition for Government Procurement , acquisition workforce , Small business contracting ,