Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: robert burton
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Former Deputy Director
Office of Federal Procurement Policy
November 11th, 2008
Little-noticed order makes hiring incumbent workers mandatory
Nominee didn't offer a lot of specifics about his vision or priorities when it comes to acquisition reform or improvements. Gordon did address multiple award contracting and strategic sourcing. Lawmakers express concern that OFPP needs more staff.
Tags: contracting , mngt , Dan Gordon , Jeffrey Zients , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , George Voinovich , OMB , OFPP , GAO , Robert Burton , Venable , insourcing , acquisition workforce , multiple award contracts
Host Francis Rose counts down the top federal news stories of the week with Alan Balutis and Robert Burton.
It's all about the money. And for the Defense Department pinning down the exact cybersecurity figure is almost impossible.
OMB issues a fact sheet detailing successes across the government. Agencies are using fewer risky contracts and achieving more competition. One expert, however, wonders if the insourcing initiative is part of the reason for the changes.
Tags: contracting , Dan Gordon , Chuck Gherardini , John Bashista , OMB , OFPP , EPA , NNSA , Interior , DoD , DHS , Robert Burton , Venable , competition , sole source contracting , contracting reforms , acquisition workforce , insourcing , Jason Miller
Deputy SecDef Bill Lynn says the "stars are aligned" for defense acquisition reform. What evidence exists that such reform will fare better this time?