Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: retirement claims processing
Katherine Archuleta has spent her first few months as director at the Office of Personnel Management learning, listening and asking questions to figure out how to ensure continuous improvement. Archuleta said she expects a new plan to improve the agency's technology by the end of February.
Director John Berry said the agency's Innovation Lab is helping to take a different, more rapid approach to developing the proposed rule to implement the new program. Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) also is suggesting the creation of a "leave bank" for workers who leave federal service but plan to return. Berry said that's an innovative idea OPM may look at.
Director John Berry said the proposition in the 2013 budget request to increase pay by 0.5 percent and increase the contributions employees pay to their retirement by 0.4 percent is "responsible" and "protects the benefit." OPM also would have to figure out how best to meet its mission with a flat budget next year. Berry said his top priority is reducing the backlog of retirement claims.