Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: retirement
Host Mike Causey will discuss the big issues facing feds with Federal News Radio's Francis Rose, Federal Times editor Steve Watkins and senior reporter Sean Reilly.
October 19, 2011
Tags: pay and benefits , super committee , pensions , Senior Executive Service , postal service , Francis Rose , In Depth , Federal Times , Steve Watkins , Sean Reilly , Mike Causey , Your Turn with Mike Causey
The annual cost-of-living adjustment, or COLA, is based on a measure of inflation that Congress adopted in the 1970s. Since then, it has resulted in annual increases averaging 4.2 percent.
Since the 1990s some experts have predicted a retirement tsunami, a brain drain that would take out some of Uncle Sam's best and brightest, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. So far they have been dead wrong, but is this the year? We'll know in a couple of months.
What do current federal workers and turkeys have in common with royal prisoners held after the French revolution. Key phrase: Impending cuts, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board has released its investment performance report.
The month of April was not as bad as many feared when it came to most Thrift Savings Plan funds. Only the International Fund saw losses, and Tom Trabucco, Director of External Affairs for the Federal Retirement Thrift Investments Board, explains why this week.
All funds except for the F fund saw gains again this month. Tom Trabucco, director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, explains what's going on, and explains why one L fund now has record participation from investors.
Legislation was introduced last week that would allow federal employees to contribute unused annual leave to their TSP accounts, but there are limits. Tom Trabucco is director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board and explains what those are and when the bill might become law.
When compared to what's available in the private sector, the TSP is pretty equal in terms of ROI.
WFED's Max Cacas reports