Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: retirement
OPM has released its calendar for 2012 annuity payments.
Federal employees were safe from another year of a pay freeze and changes to their annuity formula in the two-month payroll tax cut bill passed by the Senate this weekend. But now House Republican leaders are shunning the bipartisan bill, wanting to write their own version.
Tammy Flanagan, senior benefits director at the National Institute of Transition Planning, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what federal employees and retirees need to know about the COLA increase.
Host Mike Causey is joined by Jessica Klement of the Federal Managers Association, and Federal Times reporters Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly.
December 14, 2011
A sharp increase in federal retirements may be the precursor to the long-anticipated tidal wave of workers leaving public service. How prepared is your agency for the potential "brain drain" of experience?
Tom Trabucco, the Director of External Affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, discussed managing risk in the TSP on In Depth with Francis Rose. He said one of the strengths of the TSP is its diversity of investment options.
House Republicans unveiled their plan for extending the payroll tax cut Friday, which includes proposals to extend a federal pay freeze and makes changes to federal employees' retirement.
Tammy Flanagan, the senior benefits director at the National Institute of Transition Planning, joined with Francis Rose to discuss the top 10 things federal employees should know as they make the transition from active-duty fed to retiree.
The buyouts and early retirements apply to billing and collection jobs in 11 regional health care networks. They are part of VA's initiative to consolidate accounting activities.
Once you take the oath of office to Uncle Sam there are only three ways out ... and if you take the smart one, you could be in for some big surprises, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.