Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: retirement
TSA is offering targeted early retirements, but certain mission-critical employees cannot apply. NGA is offering 150 buyouts.
Ed Zurndorfer, a registered employee benefit consultant, joined The Federal Drive with Tom Temin with tips on how to do it.
Reading about buyouts is as exciting and unrewarding as hearing about million-dollar lottery winners, unless you find out you may have one of the winning tickets, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
The agency said it wants to reduce its workforce by 5 percent. GSA hopes the restructuring will ensure it has the skill sets required for peak efficiency and effectiveness. The Office of Personnel Management must approve its request.
Mike welcomes Steve Losey of the Federal Times and benefits expert John Elliott.
Your Turn with Mike Causey welcomed retirement expert David Snell of NARFE and Federal Times' Sean Reilly and Steve Losey.
NITP's Tammy Flanagan covers things you should know if you are planning to retire in 2012. It's never too early to start gathering your paperwork, considering your options and making those decisions.
More than 320,000 government jobs disappeared over the last two years and while that's a lot, it is relatively good news for people who work for IRS, Defense, the VA and other federal operations, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
That wave you see out there just could be the long-anticipated retirement tsunami, and if coupled with expanded buyout offers it could create the perfect storm, Senor Correspondent Mike Causey says. So, is your lifeboat ready?
What kind of people worked during the dead-zone period between Christmas and New Year's? their reasons and motives might surprise you, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.