Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: retirement
Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.) introduced an amendment to the Surface Transportation Bill that offers part-time employment to retiring feds. The Senate passed the amendment Thursday.
The combination of buyouts, a surge in baby boomer retirements and a hostile Congress may make this the worst year, maybe ever, to consider retiring, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Worried about another pay freeze next year? Thinking about retiring to get a cost of living adjustment? Timing is everything, and for some people its already too late, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Host Mike Causey will discuss federal pay and
benefits with Federal Times Senior Writer Stephen
Losey and Federal Managers Association Legislative
Director Jessica Klement.
February 29, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , Roth IRA , Federal Times , Stephen Losey , budget battle , Jessica Klement , Federal Managers Association , pay freeze , downsizing , U.S. Postal Service , Mike Causey , Your Turn with Mike Causey , military pay
How would you like it if your Thrift Savings Plan withdrawals were tax-free? Well, get ready because the tax-free end-of-the-rainbow Roth option is coming to your optional retirement package, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Tom Trabucco, the director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, which oversees federal employees' TSP accounts, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss some TSP tips for retiring feds.
They say that everybody's got a price, so what's yours? What would it take for Uncle Sam to convince you to retire? Because you may be facing that decision soon, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Not sure about how much you need to save for retirement? A new online tool from the Office of Personnel Management helps feds figure out how to plan and includes projections for annuities and Thrift Savings Plan benefits.
Most FERS and CSRS Offset employees will receive the 2 percent payroll tax cut as par to the plan signed into law Thursday by the President, said certified financial planner Ed Zurndorfer.
Thanks to the two-year pay freeze and two years of higher health premiums many federal workers today are taking home less money than they were in 2010, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. Some alert feds are also curious as to whether Congress has plans to extend their pay freeze until 2013, 2014 or maybe even until 2015.