Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: retirement
Host Mike Causey will talk estate planning with attorney Tom O'Rourke, and long term care with Paul Forte and Mary Lou McGuiness of Long Term Care Partners.
June 27, 2012(Encore presentation July 4, 2012)
A new inspector general audit revealed that the Postal Service has overfunded its pension benefit obligations by nearly 105 percent. While this might seem to be good news for the cash- strapped agency, legislative action will be required for USPS to get back the $13.1 billion surplus it paid into its employees' pensions.
Hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan discuss the Voluntary Contribution Program and its relation to both the Roth IRA and the Roth TSP.
June 25, 2012
Portions of last week's interview with TSP Executive Director Greg Long about the TSP hack attack will be re-aired this week. Also, Steve Watkins and Sean Reilly from the Federal Times join host Mike Causey to talk about the status of legislation pending in Congress that affects federal workers.
June 20, 2012
Which occupational group has the worst nightmares: alligator wrestlers or federal workers? Thw answer might surprise you, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Part-time work will be available to postmasters eligible for optional retirement and those under the current Voluntary Early Retirement offering. Participation will not affect annuity payments.
The service launched a new portal to let civilian workers prepare for retirement, request a retirement estimate and acquire the necessary paperwork to pay a military or civilian deposit.
For people worried about their TSP accounts being hacked, no news is good news. If you didn't get a letter, it means you are one of the 97 percent whose data is safe. For more facts about the hack job, check out Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column.
NARFE president Joseph Beaudoin and Federal Times
reporters Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly join host
Mike Causey to talk about a wide variety of issues
affecting federal workers.
June 6, 2012
Federal retirement claims rose last month but, for the second consecutive month, the Office of Personnel Management received fewer claims than it expected. OPM also made its monthly processing goals and continued to make progress cutting back a longstanding backlog of retirement claims.