Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: research and development
The American Association for the Advancement of Science says agencies are shelling out almost two billion dollars LESS this fiscal year — most of it because of defense cuts.
Two decades ago, the Ames National Laboratory on the Iowa State University campus started developing an environmentally-friendly, lead-free solder that is paying dividends today.
An analysis by the American Association for the Advancement of Science found the 2012 budget for research and development will make investments into energy and environment research and cut R&D at the Defense Department and NASA.
The White House released the new plan to focus on four broad areas to improve cybersecurity in the government and in the private sector. Howard Schmidt, the White House cyber coordinator, said agencies will issue RFPs and RFIs to meet the strategy's goals.
White House says provision in financial services bill not a problem. Administration not taken any steps to work with Congress on changes to the law.
She will lead ODNI's acquisition efforts as well as its science and technology research and development efforts. Meyerriecks is a former DISA CTO.
NSF, NIST and Energy continue to receive increases on way to doubling budget by 2017. Overall, R&D across government increases only slightly. OSTP will create a dashboard to measure effectiveness of federal R&D efforts.