Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: research and development
Two decades ago, the Ames National Laboratory on the Iowa State University campus started developing an environmentally-friendly, lead-free solder that is paying dividends today.
An analysis by the American Association for the Advancement of Science found the 2012 budget for research and development will make investments into energy and environment research and cut R&D at the Defense Department and NASA.
The White House released the new plan to focus on four broad areas to improve cybersecurity in the government and in the private sector. Howard Schmidt, the White House cyber coordinator, said agencies will issue RFPs and RFIs to meet the strategy's goals.
White House says provision in financial services bill not a problem. Administration not taken any steps to work with Congress on changes to the law.
She will lead ODNI's acquisition efforts as well as its science and technology research and development efforts. Meyerriecks is a former DISA CTO.
NSF, NIST and Energy continue to receive increases on way to doubling budget by 2017. Overall, R&D across government increases only slightly. OSTP will create a dashboard to measure effectiveness of federal R&D efforts.