Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: renewable energy
The Defense and Energy departments will team up on a pair of multimillion dollar research projects. The goal is to give the military access to secure, reliable renewable energy, both in deployed units and on military bases.
Beginning later this year, Project Kaisei will collect debris from the ocean which Covanta Energy will use to test a new waste-to-fuel technology.
Gov. Martin O'Malley has made the advancement of Maryland's renewable energy industry a top priority this legislative session, stressing the potential of widespread job creation to promote development. He's working closely with the Maryland Energy Administration to attract energy companies that could make the state a national leader in renewable energy production.
Tags: electricity , Maryland Energy Administration , alternative energy , wind farms , George W. Della Jr. , Naval Air Systems Command's Patuxent River Headqua , Solvida Energy Group , C. Sue Hecht , Susan L. M. Aumann , Garrett County