Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: records management
Under 10-year, $240 million deal, IBM will provide operation and maintenance support and provide enhancements as necessary to the Electronic Record Archive system. NARA is considering improving search capabilities for agency customers of ERA. NARA CIO Mike Wash said more and more agencies are transferring data and using the system.
USDA's Rodger Matthews discusses records management of social media, balancing open access with security requirements, and quick wins that federal agencies can do to improve their programs.
Moving into a new building has allowed DISA to revamp its technology infrastructure, including consolidating circuits, servers and paper records. The Joint Task Force, National Capital Region Medical is building a new network to carry health data and applications for three services to share. Both organizations say without BRAC, these changes would have taken longer to happen.
Tags: BRAC , BRAC Impact , DISA , Army , Jason Miller , technology , DoD , Henry Sienkiewicz , Chuck Chapdelaine , Joint Task Force National Capital Region Medical , Navy , Air Force , Ft. Meade , IP network , health IT , data center consolidation
The blanket purchase agreement could be worth $2.5 billion over five years. GSA wants vendors to bid on email-as-a-service, office automation and records management.
The Justice Department and NARA are paying close attention to GSA, USDA and others in how they implement email and data storage on private sector clouds. Agencies should address potential data storage, collection and access issues during the development of the solicitation.
Agencies are increasingly using social media in their work. But platforms like Facebook and Twitter offer challenges to records management.
NARA finds the Federal Government does not consistently manage its records and information - particularly its electronic records - well enough to meet business needs, protect rights or assure accountability, and ensure the continued preservation and access of permanently valuable records. Laurence Brewer is the Director of the Life Cycle Management Division at NARA explains