Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: privacy
The anger toward the TSA pat-downs and scans is all over the Internet, but can this discontent translate into real action?
Allan Friedman, a fellow at the Brookings Institution, describes how to maintain security and privacy in the cloud computing age.
White House launches Subcommittee on Privacy and Internet Policy to both promote online economic opportunities and protect individual privacy.
The Department of Veterans Affairs is trying to solve the mystery of how the Pentagon's health information system mistakenly accessed a confidential treatment form in the VA's health record system. The mistake kept one veteran from returning to combat.
A Government Accountability Office report said the Office of Personnel Management needs to do a better job of protecting private information when conducting background checks.
Senators praise Lew for experience. Committee plans to vote on his nomination next week. Lew said technology, acquisition reform and performance management are among his top non-budget priorities.
Tags: management , Jack Lew , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Scott Brown , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , State Department , Peter Orszag , performance management , Jason Miller
Agencies and vendors soon will be able to submit cloud-based products and services to be certified and accredited once and be available for use by all of government. Version 2 of the FedRAMP security controls should be ready in the next few weeks. Cloud working group still must address several questions about the approval process.
Council issues guidelines for how agencies can ensure information is kept private in public and private clouds. The document highlights nine potential risks, and offers ways to mitigate them.