Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: privacy
New memo gives agencies a template to develop privacy impact assessments when using commercial sites. The guidance follows OMB's June 2010 memo on using Web cookies.
New book examines an old problem -- how the government should effectively connect the dots while not violating privacy rights.
Since Christmas Day attack attempt, office has been forced to deal quickly with issues.
The new directives come as the ACLU sues the agency for more information on the former policy's impact. Secretary Napolitano says the updated rules will improve privacy and civil liberties.
DoJ opinion states the intrusion detection application does not violate Fourth Amendment rights or several other federal and state laws. Department's view follows Bush administration position.
With the new Obama administration, HSPD-12 will gain greater importance as the government prepares for next phase.
The Supreme Court has agreed to referee a dispute between NASA and some of its independent contractors over required security checks, a decision that could affect how the federal government investigates the background of current and future employees.
As federal government launches pilot programs, CDT's whitepaper aims to help.
The Web site's goal is to make it easier for agencies to obtain cloud computing services. The administration also wants to change policy and budget to meet new approach to technology.