Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: policy
Pam Turner, managing director at the Prime Policy Group, said most inquiries from the Hill to federal agencies go through the agency's office of legislative affairs.
National ICE Council President Chris Crane disputes reports that his union has delayed implementation of a new Obama Administration policy on rounding up illegal immigrants.
Dan Mintz, former Transportation Department CIO, found much to like in Steven VanRoekel's first major speech.
Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel wants the government to move toward a share-first policy where agencies share IT before buying new. He also introduced his "Future First" initiative to standardize technology development and adoption across the government. This was VanRoekel's first major policy speech since taking over as CIO in August.
Tags: technology , Steven VanRoekel , OMB , cloud computing , cybersecurity , mobile computing , Future First , entrepreneur-in-residence , Tech Fellows , citizen services , PARC , TechAmerica , Jason Miller , FedRAMP
President Barack Obama's work with the SEC, EPA and FTC is a sign of things to come for the FDA among others, according to a presidential scholar. Federal News Radio learns about "one of the best kept secrets in American political life."
The Homeland Security Department proposed a rule that would prohibit employees in certain DHS components from participating in certain outside jobs and activities. By drafting the proposals, DHS leaders are trying to prevent perceptions of conflicts of interest.
Tags: green government , management , technology , IT , acquisition policy , acquisition , Contracting , EPA , GSA , National Strategy for Electronics Stewardship , Energy Star , EPEAT , electronic product environmental assessment tool , Martha Johnson , Lisa Jackson , Nancy Sutley , recycling , Ruben Gomez
Tags: GSA ,