Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: phil andrews
The Montgomery County Council has been saying for months the 2011 budget would have everyone feeling the pain. That assessment appears to be right on the money.
Tags: Montgomery County Council , budget , layoffs , furloughs , ambulance fees , libraries , Nancy Floreen , Maryland General Assembly , teacher pension , Montgomery County Public Schools , Dr. Jerry Weast , Mike Knapp , Kate Ryan
Come Labor Day, the signs are everywhere. Firefighters stand in the street, collecting money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association through their annual Fill the Boot campaign.
Transportation and taxes, power outages and panhandling. Montgomery County residents spoke out about them all at a town hall meeting in our area last night.
A Montgomery County politician wants to know exactly how much taxpayer money the county spent campaigning for a recent proposal on ambulance fees that did not pass.
Montgomery County Councilmember Valerie Ervin doesn't believe the amount of money the county's 177 crossing guards make is out of sorts.
Employees who make more than $100,000 or more would be furloughed for eight days, while those with salaries between $50,000 and $100,000 would be furloughed for five days. Employees with salaries of less than $50,000 would be furloughed three 3 days.
School Superintendent Dr. Jerry Weast says he's balking over furloughs because of the impact it would have on the education process.
The county will look at its existing contracts to see what can be cut as it struggles with a nearly $200 million.
Can you solve suburban sprawl with more building? The Montgomery County Council thinks so.
Tags: Maryland , Montgomery County , Montgomery County Council , Rockville , Gaithersburg , White Flint Mall , White Flint Metro station , Old Georgetown Road , Montrose Road , Edson Lane , Marc Elrich , Mike Knapp , Sidney Katz , Corridor Cities Transitway