Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: phil andrews
The Montgomery County Council has been saying for months the 2011 budget would have everyone feeling the pain. That assessment appears to be right on the money.
Tags: Montgomery County Council , budget , layoffs , furloughs , ambulance fees , libraries , Nancy Floreen , Maryland General Assembly , teacher pension , Montgomery County Public Schools , Dr. Jerry Weast , Mike Knapp , Kate Ryan
Come Labor Day, the signs are everywhere. Firefighters stand in the street, collecting money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association through their annual Fill the Boot campaign.
Transportation and taxes, power outages and panhandling. Montgomery County residents spoke out about them all at a town hall meeting in our area last night.
A Montgomery County politician wants to know exactly how much taxpayer money the county spent campaigning for a recent proposal on ambulance fees that did not pass.
Montgomery County Councilmember Valerie Ervin doesn't believe the amount of money the county's 177 crossing guards make is out of sorts.
Employees who make more than $100,000 or more would be furloughed for eight days, while those with salaries between $50,000 and $100,000 would be furloughed for five days. Employees with salaries of less than $50,000 would be furloughed three 3 days.
School Superintendent Dr. Jerry Weast says he's balking over furloughs because of the impact it would have on the education process.
The county will look at its existing contracts to see what can be cut as it struggles with a nearly $200 million.
Can you solve suburban sprawl with more building? The Montgomery County Council thinks so.
Tags: Maryland , Montgomery County , Montgomery County Council , Rockville , Gaithersburg , White Flint Mall , White Flint Metro station , Old Georgetown Road , Montrose Road , Edson Lane , Marc Elrich , Mike Knapp , Sidney Katz , Corridor Cities Transitway