Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: personnel
Air Force leaders intend to surpass their share of Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel's edict to reduce DoD headquarters spending by 20 percent and complete the task several years ahead of schedule. The personnel cuts are part of the service's plan to shrink its size in order to catch up with decades of deferred spending on readiness and modernization.
DoD is examining how to keep servicemembers' "fires lit" once the military services transition to a mostly peacetime status. Gen. Martin Dempsey said some units will be aligned with a particular region of the world. DoD also will take advantage of advancements in technology to help with training.
A new DoD program will let civilian Defense IT professionals switch places with their colleagues in the private sector. More information from Joyce France is director of CIO management services at the Defense Department in today's DoD Report
Dr. Andrea Morris, BRAC Project Coordinator for Arlington County, Va. joins host Derrick Dortch to discuss the latest on how the Base Realignment and Closure process is affecting Arlington County, Va.
February 25, 2011(Encore presentation May 13, 2011)
Steve Kempf, Commissioner of the General Services Administration's Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), joins Off the Shelf for an update on some of FAS's key procurement initiatives and new leadership team.
February 22, 2011 (Encore presentation July 5, 2011)
Ashton Carter will continue as Pentagon procurement chief.
It's been some of the best of times for military recruiters. In fact, fiscal 2010 has been a banner year for military recruitment and retention, according to the Defense Department website.