Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: personnel
DoD is examining how to keep servicemembers' "fires lit" once the military services transition to a mostly peacetime status. Gen. Martin Dempsey said some units will be aligned with a particular region of the world. DoD also will take advantage of advancements in technology to help with training.
A new DoD program will let civilian Defense IT professionals switch places with their colleagues in the private sector. More information from Joyce France is director of CIO management services at the Defense Department in today's DoD Report
Dr. Andrea Morris, BRAC Project Coordinator for Arlington County, Va. joins host Derrick Dortch to discuss the latest on how the Base Realignment and Closure process is affecting Arlington County, Va.
February 25, 2011(Encore presentation May 13, 2011)
Steve Kempf, Commissioner of the General Services Administration's Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), joins Off the Shelf for an update on some of FAS's key procurement initiatives and new leadership team.
February 22, 2011 (Encore presentation July 5, 2011)
Ashton Carter will continue as Pentagon procurement chief.
It's been some of the best of times for military recruiters. In fact, fiscal 2010 has been a banner year for military recruitment and retention, according to the Defense Department website.