Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: performance measurement
Steve Schooner, Nash & Cibinic Professor of Government Procurement Law at The George Washington University Law School, provides his "Year in Review" highlighting key trends, events and personalities (legacies) of 2013.
January 14, 2014
A new Federal News Radio survey finds agency financial managers have moved up to the next level and are using information and performance metrics to inform their decision making. Respondents say they are finding ways to use data to find efficiencies. Workforce training, retaining and hiring are among their top priorities. The survey is part of Federal News Radio's special report, Rise of the Money People.
In a world of shrinking budgets, federal agencies are constantly looking to improve performance. No one is dealing with that more right now than the Department of Defense. But the DoD, with its inherent emphasis on mission and metrics, is also poised to adapt to this new climate better than anyone else. On the Federal Drive, several DoD experts weighed in on balancing performance and resources.
2010 budget request details direction administration is heading
Tags: mngt , Peter Orzsag , Barack Obama , White House , OMB , DoD , DHS , Labor , SBA , VA , Census , GAO , IRS , Jon Desenberg , Performance Institute , PART , management agenda , Acquisition Reform , 2010 budget
The Lebanon Medical Center in Pennsylvania is using a new dashboard to measure how it's implementing sustainability efforts. VA expects to save or avoid about $178,000 in the first year of the portal's use at the facility.
Controller Danny Werfel says agencies have been developing inventories and now it's time to get rid of unneeded real estate. OMB also preparing to kick off cloud computing certification program. And administration's performance management portal under development.
Tags: IRMCO 2010 , management , Technology , Danny Werfel , Vivek Kundra , Shelley Metzenbaum , OMB , GSA , DHS , DoD , Treasury , FDA , real property , improper payments , cloud computing , FedRAMP ,
Killefer's decision to withdraw DDM nomination surprises, disappoints
Tags: newsstand , mngt , CTO , OMB , tech , White House , Clay Johnson , Tom Daschle , OFPP , Karen Evans , Nancy Killefer , Vivek Kundra , Robert Gibbs , Office of E-government and IT , Deputy director for management , chief performance officer , The Performance Institute , Jon Desenberg , Tracking the Transition