Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: performance management
Agencies have tons of data but don't always use it wisely. A new report examines how a few agencies are analyzing statistics to reach their goals. The Partnership for Public Service and IBM suggest in their report agencies try the 2002 Oakland A's approach to using statistics to build a winning team.
Deputy director for management Jeffrey Zients says his office will transform how it works with agencies. OMB no longer will be all about command and control, and more about collaboration. Zients's management approach is almost ready for public display.
A memo from OMB director Peter Orszag details three focus areas for agencies to evaluate programs around. Administration does not mention PART or GPRA in the guidance. Agencies have until Nov. 4 to ask for extra money or to evaluate certain high-priority initiatives.
Labor to set up Chief Evaluation Office. VA to empower Performance Improvement Officer. USDA focuses on matching priorities with budget submission.
Tags: management , Scott Gould , Seth Harris , Kathleen Merrigan , Peter Orszag , Tom Vilsack , Jeffrey Zients , USDA , Labor , OMB , VA , Chief Evaluation Officer , chief performance officer , performance improvement officer
New memo from OMB is third in two weeks trying to change the acquisition environment. OFPP eventually wants agencies to submit data about non-IT projects in an Exhibit 53 style format. Agencies have six weeks to submit information on their top 10 construction projects.
The White House recently gave 50 of the largest private sector companies' CEOs homework to help the government change the way it uses technology. And now agencies have the tough assignment. We get tips from an industry pro.
Chief performance officer Zients says agencies need to figure out and follow the best metrics to improve performance. Federal Performance Portal will be a one-stop shop for all agency measures that are being tracked through online dashboards.
When less than half of your employees say they'd recommend your agency as a great place to work, you have a problem that's not easy to fix. But faced with poor ratings year after year, the Broadcasting Board of Governors decided to do something about it.
The Task Force on Government Performance will examine current federal program measurement systems to ensure that policies are implemented efficiently and achieve the intended result. The Task Force will also examine how performance and program evaluation information is used during the budget process.