Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: performance improvement officer
The Office of Personnel Management is doubling the number of departments to 16, taking part in data-driven reviews. The goal is to take the mounds of information available about an agency's workforce and spot trends to help plan for the future.
Shelley Metzenbaum said agencies are doing a better job in setting outcome-based goals and using data to measure their progress. OPM is finalizing guidance and training to use the competence models for performance improvement positions. Treasury and DHS are setting their own path to using data to meet their mission goals.
Tags: management , OMB , Shelley Metzenbaum , OPM , Andrea Bright , Richard Beck , Interior , Treasury , Kevin Donahue , DHS , Amy Culbertson , performance management , GPRA Modernization Act , Performance Improvement Council , Jason Miller
An exclusive Federal News Radio online survey of federal PIOs finds agencies are using performance to improve their missions, but more than half of the Performance Improvement Officers wear multiple hats. Respondents also said they have strong support from their superiors and their agency is committed culturally to improve performance. Shelley Metzenbaum, the Office of Management and Budget's associate director for performance and personnel (pictured) said success in performance improvement across agencies has taken off recently. "This is not just being driven by OMB, but it is really being owned by the agencies," she said.
The Association of Government Accountants is calling on the government to change how it finds and hires chief operating officers. AGA said better hires should lead to better program performance. And despite finding a number of shortcomings, AGA said performance improvement is working across the government.
Labor to set up Chief Evaluation Office. VA to empower Performance Improvement Officer. USDA focuses on matching priorities with budget submission.
Tags: management , Scott Gould , Seth Harris , Kathleen Merrigan , Peter Orszag , Tom Vilsack , Jeffrey Zients , USDA , Labor , OMB , VA , performance management , Chief Evaluation Officer , chief performance officer ,