Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: people
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters this week President Barack Obama has asked Acting OMB Director Jeff Zients to stay on until his successor is named. But for about the last six months, Zients was not the acting OMB director because his initial interim role quietly expired last year.
Emma Garrison-Alexander is leaving government after 29 years, including the last four at the Transportation Security Administration. The Federal Emergency Management Agency also is searching for a new CIO.
Mark Weatherford, the National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD) deputy undersecretary for cybersecurity, will leave the agency on April 12 after accepting a job in the private sector.
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: Barry West returns, two CIOs leaving, Einstein cyber initiative faces delay
Barry West is returning for his fourth gig as a CIO, and three other key technology officials are leaving. Two congressmen want to pressure contractors to pay back taxes.
Tags: technology , Barry West , Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation , Jeff Huskey , FTC , Jill Singer , National Reconnaissance Office , Keith Thurston , GSA , Scott Quehl , Commerce , Jason Chaffetz , Jackie Speier , cybersecurity , E3A , DHS , Janet Napolitano , industry , Jason Miller
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.