Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: people
The Senate voted Thursday to approve President Barack Obama's nomination of former utility executive John Bryson to head the Commerce Department, easily overcoming conservatives' objections that his pro-environmental views made him unsuited for the job.
The final vote was 64-36 for the former Obama policy director.
The Food and Drug Administration has named Eric Perakslis as its new chief information officer and chief scientist for informatics.
Bill Gormley, president and chief executive officer of Washington Management Group, is leaving his job, Federal News Radio has learned.
Dr. David Reif is a statistician for EPA's National Center for Computational Toxicology.
Eric Rosenbach is named as the new leader for cyber policy and Tony Montemarano takes on a new role at DISA.
Tags: DoD , Senior Executive Service , workforce , DLA , DISA , cybersecurity , Eric Rosenbach , bob butler , mae devincentis , edward case , clyde hobby , robert foster , Anthony Montemarano , Jared Serbu
Kirit Amin stepped down suddenly after four years as the CIO of the Bureau of Consular Affairs to take a 120-day reassignment with the State Department CIO. He decried "cronyism and nepotism" at the State Department and said the bureau has entered into bad contracts. "The duplication and waste in government is phenomenal, and I was not going to put up with that crap nor will I put up with contractors who will rip off the government," Amin told Federal News Radio.
Molly Wilkinson, a 22-year federal employee, will take her first job in the private sector as head of government affairs for Regions Bank. She worked as the Republican general counsel for the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee for the last two years.
Tags: Molly Wilkinson , Susan Collins , senate homeland security and government affairs co , Jason Miller , senate homeland security and government affairs co , senate homeland security and government affairs co , senate homeland security and government affairs co , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Co
Ed Weiler has retired as the Associate Administrator for the Science Mission Directorate at NASA Headquarters.