Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: people
John Gingrich, the chief of staff for the Veterans Affairs Department, is retiring and will leave the agency by the end of the month after 37 years of federal and military service.
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters this week President Barack Obama has asked Acting OMB Director Jeff Zients to stay on until his successor is named. But for about the last six months, Zients was not the acting OMB director because his initial interim role quietly expired last year.
Emma Garrison-Alexander is leaving government after 29 years, including the last four at the Transportation Security Administration. The Federal Emergency Management Agency also is searching for a new CIO.
Mark Weatherford, the National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD) deputy undersecretary for cybersecurity, will leave the agency on April 12 after accepting a job in the private sector.
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: Barry West returns, two CIOs leaving, Einstein cyber initiative faces delay
Barry West is returning for his fourth gig as a CIO, and three other key technology officials are leaving. Two congressmen want to pressure contractors to pay back taxes.
Tags: technology , Barry West , Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation , Jeff Huskey , FTC , Jill Singer , National Reconnaissance Office , Keith Thurston , GSA , Scott Quehl , Commerce , Jason Chaffetz , Jackie Speier , cybersecurity , E3A , DHS , Janet Napolitano , industry , Jason Miller
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.