Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: people
For two decades, Douglas James Norton, senior environmental scientist in the Environmental Protection Agency's Watershed Branch, has been spearheading projects to help maintain the health of America's rivers, streams and lakes.
Rafael Diaz is named as the new HUD chief information officer, replacing Jerry Williams.
President Barack Obama will nominate Carolyn Watts Colvin, who has been the deputy commissioner for three and a half years and acting commissioner since Michael Astrue stepped down in February 2013 at the end of his six-year term.
The U.S. Agency for International Development is helping build hospitals and medical centers around the world by channeling smart investments through commercial banks in developing countries.
Nick Nayak is leaving as the DHS procurement chief in early July after more than three years on the job.
For her efforts in raising awareness of the regulatory challenges the Food and Drug Administration was facing due to globalization, the Partnership for Public recently named GAO's Marcia Crosse as one of the finalists for the 2014 Citizen Services Medal.
Haley Van Dyck will move on from her role at the Office of Management and Budget at the end of August after more than two years. She oversaw the innovation portfolio for the E-Government and IT office.
The former FAA and DHS CIO is taking a third tour of duty in government and will replace Simon Szykman.
Saving lives around the world has a Federal doctor in line for a Service to America Medal. Dr. Rana Hajjeh is director of the Division of Bacterial Diseases at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. She's a Sammies finalist in the National Security and International Affairs category. She tells Federal News Radio's Francis Rose on In Depth the virus she and her team promoted the vaccine for isn't well known, but the consequences are. View a photo gallery of all Sammies finalists.
Busting fraudsters in financial services is protecting hundreds of millions of dollars from fraud. Sofia Hussain, senior forensic accountant in the Division of Enforcement at the Securities and Exchange Commission, is a Service to America award finalist in the Call to Service category and a critical part of the SEC's effort to protect American investors. View a gallery of Service to America finalists. Also, read a Q&A with Sofia Hussain.