Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: people
Dr. Johnathan Todd Weber, the chief of CDC's Prevention and Response Branch, led the team of experts who identified the source of a rare form of meningitis that threatened the lives of thousands.
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: DHS cyber contract awards delayed; musical chairs in federal IT ranks
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
Tags: technology , acquisition , DHS , cybersecurity , Continuous monitoring , Peter Johnson , Bureau of Engraving and Printing , Earl Crane , Steve VanRoekel , OMB , Terryne Murphy , Gerry Connolly , Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act , FITARA , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Jason Miller
The leadership vacancy created by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano's resignation is the latest and greatest blow to a department where one-third of the heads of key agencies and divisions have been filled with acting officials or remained vacant for months. Napolitano's departure, slated for September, will create the 15th hole in the department's 45 leadership positions.
Janet Napolitano announced that she would be resigning as the secretary of the Department of Homeland Security in early September to take a senior post at the University of California.
Josh Silverman, director of the Department of Energy's Office of Sustainability Support, led a team that identified and eliminated 1 million tons of dangerous greenhouse gases that were being emitted from DoE facilities.
The top spots at a few key federal agencies are now officially filled following Senate confirmation votes this week. The Senate voted unanimously Thursday to approve Dan Tangherlini to be the administrator of the General Services Administration and Howard Shelanski to serve as the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs in the Office of Management and Budget. Senators also OK'd Brian Deese to serve as OMB deputy director for budget.
With a career spanning 50 years at NASA, space scientist William Borucki has had a hand in man's exploration of the Moon and distant stars.
Dan Madrzykowski, a fire protection engineer at the National Institute of Standards and Technology, uses science to study blazes in order to come up with new firefighting techniques.
The Senate has confirmed Allison Macfarlane for a new term as chairwoman of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.