Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: people
Four senior TechAmerica officials, Trey Hodgkins, senior vice president global public sector; Erica McCann, manager of procurement policy; Carol Henton, vice president of state and local government division; and Pam Walker, senior director for homeland security; took similar roles with ITI's new IT Alliance for Public Sector organization, which will focus on technology and acquisition issues.
Tony Trenkle will leave as the CIO of CMS on Nov. 15 after eight years with the agency.
Beth McGrath, DoD's deputy chief management officer, announced she will leave government around Nov. 30.McGrath has been the deputy CMO and performance improvement officer since July 2010 when the Senate confirmed her.
The 62-35 vote comes more than five months after President Barack Obama nominated the former Labor Department chief of staff and Obama reelection campaign official to serve as the next head of the agency.
President Obama announced his intention to appoint Luke McCormack as the DHS chief information officers. McCormack spent the last 19 months as the Justice CIO.
Peggy Sherry will become the deputy commissioner for operations support at the IRS as of Nov. 4. She is the fourth executive to come to the IRS since the service's scandal broke earlier this summer.
The success of the U.S. private sector is connected to a healthy U.S. public sector, and we are letting our public sector deteriorate, says David Bray, CIO of the FCC.
Sen. Kelly Ayotte has ended her hold on President Barack Obama's nominee for Air Force secretary, clearing the way for Senate confirmation of Deborah Lee James.
We asked you how you felt about the shutdown of the federal government and you let us know through social media, email and story comments. Keep sharing your comments -- and photos -- with Federal News Radio.