Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pedestrian accident
Drivers are not solely responsible for safety on the roads, particularly as statistics show pedestrian deaths in the first half of last year increased in D.C. and Virginia.
D.C. Police are investigating an auto-pedestrian collision officers say was domestic-related.
Two women were struck by cars in separate incidents in the District Wednesday.
A van hit and killed a pedestrian in the parking lot of King Street Metro station Friday evening.
About 20 percent of all pedestrian collisions occur in shopping center parking lots, Montgomery County Police report -- a particularly dangerous statistic when combined with the tired, frazzled fit-seekers who descend upon local malls and stores during the biggest shopping day of the year.
A mother and child struck by a car Tuesday in Northwest are expected to be OK, D.C. fire officials say.
An elderly woman hit by a school bus Monday in Arlington has died.
Five pedestrians were struck by cars in four separate incidents in Maryland and Virginia Monday.
The number of pedestrian fatal accidents across the region has remained steady over the last decade at about 80 per year.
Another two pedestrians have died on local roads after being struck by a car, according to Montgomery County Police.