Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: payroll tax cut
House Republicans unveiled their plan for extending the payroll tax cut Friday, which includes proposals to extend a federal pay freeze and makes changes to federal employees' retirement.
Senate Democrats blocked a bill for the second time that would freeze federal pay for three more years in order to offset an extension of the payroll tax cut. The Democrats own plan to pay for the extension with a surtax on the income of millionaires was also voted down.
Humberto Sanchez, who covers the Senate for CQ Roll Call, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the latest proposals emanating from Congress on a payroll tax cut extension. He said a federal pay freeze could wind up back on the table as part of a final deal.
Humberto Sanchez, who covers the Senate for CQ Roll Call, joined In Depth with Francis Rose with the latest on where a proposed federal pay freeze stands.