Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: payroll tax cut
House Republicans unveiled their plan for extending the payroll tax cut Friday, which includes proposals to extend a federal pay freeze and makes changes to federal employees' retirement.
Senate Democrats blocked a bill for the second time that would freeze federal pay for three more years in order to offset an extension of the payroll tax cut. The Democrats own plan to pay for the extension with a surtax on the income of millionaires was also voted down.
Humberto Sanchez, who covers the Senate for CQ Roll Call, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the latest proposals emanating from Congress on a payroll tax cut extension. He said a federal pay freeze could wind up back on the table as part of a final deal.
Humberto Sanchez, who covers the Senate for CQ Roll Call, joined In Depth with Francis Rose with the latest on where a proposed federal pay freeze stands.