Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pay gap
In a May 10 memo sent to the heads of departments and agencies, President Barack Obama tasked the Office of Personnel Management with studying how agency practices contribute to pay inequalities between men and women and with formulating a governmentwide strategy to tackle the gender pay gap.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the pay gap is 26.3 percent, up from 24 percent last year.
The Federal Managers Association has elected longtime member and Association Chapter President Patricia Niehaus to the position of FMA National President. We talk with her about what's ahead.
So how come so many federal workers are surprised by all those news stories which say federal workers are at the top of the nation's salary pole? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says there may be a reason they just don't get it.