Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pay gap
In a May 10 memo sent to the heads of departments and agencies, President Barack Obama tasked the Office of Personnel Management with studying how agency practices contribute to pay inequalities between men and women and with formulating a governmentwide strategy to tackle the gender pay gap.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the pay gap is 26.3 percent, up from 24 percent last year.
The Federal Managers Association has elected longtime member and Association Chapter President Patricia Niehaus to the position of FMA National President. We talk with her about what's ahead.
So how come so many federal workers are surprised by all those news stories which say federal workers are at the top of the nation's salary pole? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says there may be a reason they just don't get it.