Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pay freeze
For federal workers traveling through the congressional tunnel: Is that light they see sunshine or an oncoming train wreck? Either way their journey isn't over by a long shot, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Host Mike Causey will discuss federal pay and
benefits with Federal Times Senior Writer Stephen
Losey and Federal Managers Association Legislative
Director Jessica Klement.
February 29, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , Roth IRA , Federal Times , Stephen Losey , budget battle , Jessica Klement , Federal Managers Association , downsizing , U.S. Postal Service , Mike Causey , Your Turn with Mike Causey , retirement , military pay
American Federation of Government Employees President Jacque Simon will discuss whether your federal pay and benefits will be cut this year.
February 8, 2012
As a House-Senate conference committee continues negotiations over how to extend the payroll tax cut, ahead of a Feb. 29 deadline, there's at least one issue that has never left the table: federal pay and benefits. The eight House Republicans on the conference committee all voted in support of the stand-alone pay freeze bill. Of the five House Democrats, only Rep. Allyson Schwartz, of Pennsylvania, voted yes on the bill.
A bill in the House would prohibit within-grade pay increases through 2012 for federal employees.
GOP senators unveiled a bill Thursday that would grant the Defense Department a one-year reprieve from "sequestration" cuts. House minority leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) called the proposal "skullduggery."
Tags: DoD , Congress , pay and benefits , workforce , supercommittee , sequestration , John McCain , Jon Kyl , Kelly Ayotte , John Cornyn , CBO , NTEU , Martin Dempsey , BRAC , attrition , Jared Serbu , DoD Report
Federally Employed Women, which is aimed at improving the status of women working for the federal government, reviewed legislators' voting records on 10 bills mostly related to federal pay and benefits. The group gave its highest score — a 100 percent — to two senators and 23 House members, all Democrats.
Host Mike Causey is joined by Tom Trabucco, director of external affairs for Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, and Federal Times senior writer Stephen Losey.
February 1, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , Tom Trabucco , TSP , Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board , Federal Times , Stephen Losey , pay debate , federal salaries , Congressional Budget Office , 401(k) , Mike Causey , Your Turn with Mike Causey
The vote today in the House on another year of the federal pay freeze is meant to send a message to the conferees who are meeting on the payroll tax cut extension, says a reporter with The Hill newspaper.
The House is scheduled to vote on a bill on Wednesday to extend the civilian federal pay freeze another year — through 2013.