Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pay freeze
Military Times reports that the fiscal commission is considering a revised plan that does not include a previous proposal to freeze military pay.
The Fiscal Commission issued its final set of recommendations detailing several that would affect federal employees. The panel suggested reducing the federal workforce by 200,000 employees over the next five years, changing the FEHB to a defined contribution premium program and several other short term changes.
Tags: management , White House , OMB , National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and R , Paul Posner , Robert Shea , Alice Rivlin , George Mason University , Grant Thornton , budget deficit , spending cuts , Jason Miller
Next year you'll be asked to pay 2011 health premiums using your frozen 2010 pay check. That will mean an actual drop in income unless, as Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says, you pick up a bargain health plan between now and December 13.
WFED's Jason Miller brings the latest on the deficit commission's recommendations that impact federal employees.
The Partnership for Public Service's Tom Fox tells managers how to lead amidst fears of a pay freeze.
GovLoops shares an infograph on the pay freeze numbers.
Congress is working to make decisions on three huge issues that affect federal employees: the proposed pay freeze, workforce reductions, and agency funding. The Hill's Ian Swanson runs it down for us.
Will the proposed federal pay freeze hamper the hunt for the best and brightest and clog the promotion pipeline in your office. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says it could very well happen.
Virginia Congressman Gerry Connolly discusses the likely passage of the President's proposed two-year federal pay freeze.