Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pay freeze
If you are feeling paranoid, that is you are convinced that people in high places are out to get you, you can relax. You are not crazy. That's the good part. The bad part, says Senior Correspondent Mike Causey, is you are right to worry because your pay, pension and health insurance package are all on the chopping block. You need a scorecard to keep track, and we've got it.
The all-important pay and benefits package of federal and postal workers, and retirees, is under attack as never before. And while it is way too soon to panic, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says you need to run down a checklist to see where things are. We've got a team of experts standing by.
Host Mike Causey is joined by estate planner Tom O'Rourke to discuss what you need to do to make sure your estate is in order. Also, Federal Times reporter Steve Losey gives us an update on a couple of bills making their way through Congress.
April 27, 2011
Did you ever think you'd live (and work) long enough to the point where a pay freeze of "only" 3 years would come across as good news? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says these may be the good old days right now.
Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.) sees a perfect storm in the future for federal employees and anyone else trying to commute through his district as a result of BRAC. He tells Federal News Radio he's at his wits' end trying to avert a traffic disaster.
The House passed a fiscal year 2012 bill today that freezes federal pay for three years and cuts the federal workforce by 10 percent through attrition.
Most individuals have a time period they consider the good old days...when kids were kids...people didn't lock their doors. But Mike Causey says that for many federal workers the good old days didn't last very long because they only included last weekend!
Federal Times editor Steve Watkins and senior writer Steve Losey, financial planner Arthur Stein, and president of the Senior Executives Association Carol Bonosaro join us to answer your questions.
Host Mark Amtower interviews government contract expert and consultant Larry Allen, president of Allen Federal Business Partners, on a variety of contracting issues.
March 28, 2011 (Encore presentation April 28, 2011)