Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pay and benefits
Career transition coach Mike Townshend gives advice on what to do if you are considering changing jobs.
May 12, 2014
Last month, Tammy Flanagan, senior benefits director for the National Institute of Transition Planning, joined Federal News Radio's senior correspondent, Mike Causey, to answer feds' questions as part of an exclusive online chat. The experts fielded dozens of questions from readers -- but couldn't get to all them. So, Federal News Radio went back to the experts to answer another round of questions for readers. In this special Q&A, find the experts' take on everything from the best date to retire this year and what happens to insurance premiums when you retire to whether the Thrift Savings Plan plans to offer in-plan conversions.
Is the key to possible buyouts or layoffs next year contained in a new directive, M-14-07, out of Washington? Maybe you can solve the riddle, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Federal News Radio Executive Editor Jason Miller and Federal Times Senior Writer Andy Medici will discuss OMB's budget guidance memo, and OPM Director Katherine Archuleta will give us an update on Public Service Recognition Week.
May 7, 2014
Looking for action, drama and excitement in your life? Forget about Congress this year because you'll get more information and action watching "The Real Housewives of Orange County" on TV, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Congress is debating the proposed $496 billion defense budget this week, and military pay is one of many sensitive issues within that bill.
There are certain policies and benefits that you hope never to collect. That includes getting back the premiums you pay for homeowners' fire insurance, long-term care health premiums and disability retirement benefits, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
When it comes to retirement benefits, not all federal workers pay the same, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey say. In fact, the giant Federal Employees Retirement System, or FERS, now has three tiers.