Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pay and benefits
Join Mike for an hour-long conversation with Randy Erwin, the legislative director of the National Federation of Federal Employees. They'll talk about the phase-in of the Defense Authorization Act. They'll also tackle some internet myths that are circulating about what the changes will and won't do.
11:59 tonight is the deadline for voting for the Securing Americans Value and Efficiency Awards.
Mike and I talk about open season, TSP changes, the 2010 pay raise, and a crazy letter on Mike's wall.
Want to pay lower health insurance premiums next year? If so you have several options, including marrying somebody who works for the U.S. Postal Service, but Mike Causey says there are other ways to do it.
Ponemon Institute study details why.
Tags: technology , Cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Ponemon Institute , Larry Poneman , management , John Berry , OPM , National Security Council , CIO Council , CHCO Council , Partnership for Public Service , Cyber Workforce
The councils will focus on three main areas to develop competency framework. Agencies have until Jan. 15 to submit data about how they classify cyber positions. Interagency working group also will conduct a survey of cybersecurity workforce in the spring.
Federal Salary Council submits recommendations to OMB, OPM, Labor and President's Pay Agent to increase the average locality pay by 43 percent. Council says no new locality pay areas are needed.
There are lots of things going on in the pay-and-benefits realm in the Federal government right now. Federal News Radio's Mike Causey offers a review.
What do nuclear submarines or legacy jet fighters have to do with the plan to give FERS employees a major incentive to save their sick leave? Well, there is a link, according to Senior Correspondent Mike Causey, who says that Congress sometimes works in strange ways.
Agency issues notice in Federal Register detailing how the changes would work. OPM expects premiums to go up for enrollees under 70 years old.