Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pay and benefits
The Federal Thrift Investment Board said it opposes the option for a new Thrift Savings Plan fund that one congressman is calling a "socially responsible" investment. Federal News Radio's Senior Correspondent Mike Causey is wary of the proposed fund. Hear his analysis.
This week, Mike discusses what a lame duck Congress will mean for feds with Bill Bransford, partner, Shaw, Bransford & Roth. Topics include congressional pay cuts, furloughs for feds, and a 2011 pay freeze.
September 29, 2010
How can you calculate your expenses when you travel for the federal government? Steve Ressler, explains about GovLoops new per diem calculator.
If it rained two billion dollars in cash every month, would you want an umbrella or a bucket? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says most people, including some hungry mutual funds, pick the bucket!
A bill by Sen. Thomas Carper (D-Del.) aims to save the Postal Service from mounting debt with the POST Act.
For richer or poorer but richer's better, and together is best. Certified financial planner Arthur Stein tells us how you can make that happen.
A private company claims to have the secret for outperforming the TSP. We ask the TSP's Tom Trabucco for his opinion.
More than 300,000 federal and postal workers are drugged out...in a good way. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says they are saving tons of money by setting up flexible spending accounts.
The January cost of living adjustment retirees were counting on to help pay higher health premiums is not going to happen. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says that for the second year in a row the retirees will get nothing even as federal workers get a token 1.4 percent pay raise.
Both employee unions and agencies say certain phrases in President Obama's executive order creating these committees need to be better defined. VA deputy secretary Gould will lead an effort to bring some precision to terms such as pre-decisional, to make sure everyone is working from the same sheet of paper. National Council on Federal-Labor Management Relations also details first set of bargaining pilots, called B-1.
Tags: management , John Berry , Scott Gould , Jeff Neal , OPM , DHS , VA , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , Bill Dougan , NFFE , National Council on Federal-Labor Management Relat , labor-mangement forums , B-1 pilots , telework , jason miller